Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Week 11

Just so everyone knows I title my posts so boringly because it helps me keep tract of where we are in the semester. Now I've realized that we started blogging a few weeks after the semester started so I'm lost again. All I know is that its all coming to an end pretty soon here. Thanks the gods.

This week in lab I've done more of the same. I redid my original experiment. So mostly this week I made agar, added antibiotics, sterilized plant tissues and put them on my agar plates. This way I can show that my original results were not just a fluke and perhaps even be able to isolate a few more species of endophytes. 

This week I was also given a gift of a spectrophotometer. Its really old, probably from the 60's or so and I cant seem to get it to work. The light goes on but the dial doesn't register anything. I figured the % absorbance was being measured so I added food coloring to a vial but nothing changed. Does anyone know an old professor who might be able to fix my cool new toy?

No comments:

Post a Comment