Saturday, April 4, 2015

Week 10

This week in lab I mostly looked for endophytes in various different plant species. Matt and Josh helped a lot. Matt went out out gathered different kinds of desert plants and all three of us sat around attempting to find endophytes in their tissues. We found a few in mesquite and the endophyte infused grasses that I planted earlier in the semester. It took forever but Josh was finally able to get a few pictures with the ipad. This is an art that requires finesse and patience. 

I also decided to rerun my orginal experiment to see if the results are the same. I sterilized and plated oleander tissues first because most of my suspected endophytes came from oleander. Next week I'll get the other two species on my list done. 

I believe this is a grass blade. You can see the fungal hyphae coming out of the plnt tissue here:  



No comments:

Post a Comment