Monday, June 29, 2015

Summer Week 5

Week of June 22nd-25th

I haven't spent much time in lab this week. It was finals week for my math class and I needed to study. I did notice that a lot of my plates are beginning to grow some pretty lovely cultures. I now have at least 4 species of fungi growing in my plates but I am still unable to classify any of them.

I've been giving a lot of thought to where I want to take this project in the future. Depending on what I want to do my project can take me a lot of places. I could work with Cel and learn how to extract DNA and try to use that procedure on my endophytes. I could learn how to stain and identify the morphology of my fungal colonies. Or I could try and infect a different species with an endophyte and see if it changes the growth of the plant. Choices Choices


No comments:

Post a Comment