Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer Week 1

OK so I knew I needed to be blogging this summer, I've gotten several emails about it, but I couldn't find time with my math class. Summer classes move fast and I needed to spend as much time studying as possible. However, yesterday I had my final so now I have plenty of time to work on my blogs.

The last week of the Spring 2015 semester I made a pact with myself that I would take notes every single day that I was in the lab. I wont say that I've kept up with it 100% but I have been doing much better about keeping notes when in the lab. One day I will take beautiful, meticulous notes with ease.

I started the week by walking around campus and taking samples from some of the plants I found. I tried staining them with coomassie blue and rose bengal dye but was struggling with getting the dye to stick to the fungal mycelium and also with the rose bengal dye being too thick. I also didn't like the layout I chose for recording my notes and resolved to change it in the future.

On Thursday I went to Pinetop to visit and take more samples.

pinetoplakeside_az.gif (264×264)

No comments:

Post a Comment